Thursday, June 3, 2010

Homekeepers Journal Writing Prompt

So at http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/homekeepers-journal-june-1-with-linky-love/ she is having people with blogs do a writing prompt. So I thought that sounds fun and I'm going to participate. So if you run across this and thinking, "what in the world" ? I'm explaining ahead.
So these are her questions. If you'd like to join her, click the above link and follow directions.

In my kitchen
….Is food that I have to pack for a camping trip we are going on tomorrow.
Thinking about making pepperoni rolls as a snack. So I have some that were in the freezer.

My marriage or relationship ….. Is growing everyday. I love my husband and over the past seven years we have been through some struggles. Since three years ago he accepted Jesus into his heart our marriage has been getting better and better. Don't get me wrong we still fight and have fun banter but in the end we love each other.

With my children ……We are done with "strict" school. I'm so excited! We are taking the week of and reorganizing and getting stuff ready for the next year. Then over the summer we are concentrating on math games, science projects, and mini unit studies.

I feel so relieved when …..When I lay my head down at night and know that God is in control . Later down the page I'll explain on the things I just have problems with him controling.

My spiritual life is (choose one) flourishing or declining …. (and talk about why)…?
Its flourishing because God is revealing himself more and more to me each day. Thing are happening in my life and there is no other explanation than God. I'm going to start a new adventure of reading the Bible in 120 days. I'm using my friend Susan's Chart she made. Here is the link. http://wanderersonearth.blogspot.com/2010/05/read-through-bible-three-times-year.html
If I am honest, the thing that keeps me from praying as much as I should is …..
Honestly I will put things that I really think are important in front of God. I find myself praying on and off during the day, but I want more one on one time with God in prayer. I'm actually starting a "Just say No"! policy in my life. I am the person who always says yes to everything from watching friends kids to cooking for families. I think its awesome to help people out but sometime the "yes" girl gets taken advantage of. So I'm gaining more things in my life that are keeping me from my one on one time with God and the one on one time teaching my kids about God.
I see God moving in ...My house ! God is really moving in my family. From the daily decisions we are making to the questions my little girl is asking. I love it ! He is increasing our faith in him with my dad who has stage 4 thyroid cancer. God has worked so many miracles in our lives over the past three years. Its amazing to see his awesome power.
This is in the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind, but should be moved into the light ... I have control issues. I mean major one's. I have a hard time trusting people to get jobs done so I do them myself cause in my mind; I'm the only one who can get them done right and on time. I also have issues over money.. I don't have to have tons of money. I just want my bills met. I have constant conversations with God over this problem and I'm watching as it has ruined a good part of my parents life because they have argued so much over money. Chris and I are good but it almost ruined us cause I was so worried we would miss a bill or something. I'm dealing with it all the time and trying to make godly decisions about it . God is constantly meeting our needs and sometimes our wants and yet if we get in a pinch I doubt and I hate that. So dealing with it.

Now its your turn! Make your own entry at your blog using the prompts that are in bold type above.Finish out the prompts with your own words.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cheryl. It was such a blessing to get a peek inside your heart. I'm proud of you - for what you are striving for and for what you have already accomplished. I sure wish we could have gotten to know each other even better. I surely like how you think. Love and miss you, Cathy Glass

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time participating in the journal as well . I thought it was alot of fun ! Hope you'll be back !

    ReplyDelete