Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carter Caves

We just got back last week from a awesome visit to Carter Caves. We're really doing this camping thing and we like it. This time wasn't as organized we forgot a bunch of stuff and I was a little irritated. Thank goodness for my cousin Jada who is a well experienced camper and she gave me some awesome tips. We now have a camping tote where I have put everything we could possibly need for camping in it. Now we shouldn't forget the important stuff anymore. On to our visit at Carter Caves. Its a beautiful place and nice campground area. The caves were great! We took the kids on a guided cave tour.



They loved it! We got to learn about all those fun words like stalagmite and stalactite. This wasn't your normal cave because you got to go in and out of the cave. You would go outside to connect through the next passage area of the cave. The section in between the cave entrances was BEAUTIFUL! The guide said where the cool air is being pulled out of the cave and mixes with the hot air, it creates this rain forest like area.

After camping it got hot and we decided to let the kids go and play in the creek. It reminded me of a tame Gatlinburg area. We found some fun nature like crawdads and turtles. We all got soaked cause of the slick rocks, but Juliet said it was the funnest time she had.



Also I realised the best thing about camping.. no one knows you. I say this cause they had some cloggers and they were playing some music. So I decided to get up and teach my daughter the electric slide . I must tell you I reminded that I'm not young anymore and totally need to get in shape. Anyway I'm glad no pictures of that moment was taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment